Allie Costa is a Los Angeles-based actor, writer, director, and singer working in film, TV, theatre, and voiceover. She always has energy to burn and a song to sing. When not performing the works of others, she's writing her own. Occasionally, she sleeps.
• Allie is currently filming a new comedy series, My Big Fat Blonde Musical, in which she plays a bubbly barista named Allegra.
• Human Resources will be screened at the LA Short Scares Film Fest in February with additional screenings later in the year. Allie plays an extremely self-assured nurse employed by a sadistic doctor at a horrifying hospital.
• Heartsong, written by Allie Costa and inspired by the life and music of Sara Bareilles, will have its world premiere at the 365 Women a Year Festival, produced by Rover Dramawerks. The festival runs March 28th-April 6th in Texas. Get tickets!
• Mindstream will have its world premiere March 29th-31st at INK Fest in Los Angeles. At a cutting-edge neuroscience center, a fascinating new procedure may help people retain their memories. But at what cost? Written by Allie Costa, directed by Sophie Goldstein, featuring Nira Torres, Grace Serrano, Kevin Herrmann, and Daphne Gabriel. Produced by 2Cents Theatre Group at the Hudson Theatres.
• Drop in the Ocean will also be produced at the Hudson Theatres March 29th-31st as part of INK Fest. On a drying-up shoreline, a down-to-earth botanist (Kelley Mack) encounters a vibrant climatologist (John Patrick Daly) and realizes there may still be hope for the world. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Reena Dutt, produced by 2Cents Theatre Group.
• Music of the Mind will have its New York debut at The Tank May 1st-2nd. Afraid she is going mad, a young woman escapes from her birthday party to find solace. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Dori Levit and assistant director Sydney Wilson, featuring Emily DeSotelle and Alexander Chilton.
• Who She Could Have Been will be produced by Eden Prairie Players in Minnesota May 10th-19th. A couple struggles to rebuild and reconnect after losing their child. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Elizabeth Michaelson. Cast to be announced.
• Low Light will have its world premiere at Ixion Theatre in Michigan May 18th-26th. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Rose Jangmi Cooper, this story offers a flicker of hope in a dystopian setting not far from our current reality.
• Low Tide is a Little Black Dress INK finalist. Performance dates and details to come. Written by Allie Costa, Low Tide details the trials and tribulations of a landlocked mermaid.
• Allie was a guest on a fun new podcast about acting and writing. More details soon!
• Tofurkey Day was featured on the Olde Tyme Radio Hour, performed by the Hercules Radio Players. Written by Allie Costa, this multi-generational comedy is always in season.
• Human Resources was screened at the London International Filmmaker Festival.
• Two Girls, fresh from its Off-Broadway run, had a special one-night-only reading in New Jersey. Part of an afternoon of new works produced by Words of Choice, the reading featured Alinca Hamilton and Donna Jean Fogel, directed by Francesca Mantani Arkus.
• Human Resources was a finalist for The Lift-Off Sessions and streamed online. In the film, Allie plays an extremely self-assured nurse employed by a sadistic doctor at a horrifying hospital.
• Two Girls had a successful Off-Broadway run. In this haunting and poetic duologue, two women emerge from a violent attack. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Karen Carpenter (Love, Loss, and What I Wore), starring Faith Taylor and Clara Tristan, produced by The #metoo Plays.
• Allie booked and filmed the role of Alice Flinder in The Ghosts of Stowell Hill, a new spooky series set in 1899, inspired by the music of Charles Ives.
• Allie played The Storyteller in an episode of Tales from the Darkening Wood, based on the fable The Cat and the King.
• Allie played a distressed news anchor in the futuristic film Bolero.
• Allie performed with the cast of Alien vs. Musical at Rockwell Table & Stage.
• Allie is the voice of the ominous narrator in the video game Aether Twins. Listen to a sneak peek.
• Second Service is in post-production. In the film, Allie plays a girl on a prestigious tennis team with no tolerance for bad players.
• Allie filmed an episode of a streaming comedy series. She plays Luna, a wide-eyed cult member whose desire to follow the rules overrides her sense of self-preservation.
• View Allie's resume and headshots. Film/TV credits include 90210, Unusual Suspects, Goldfish Love, Pizza With Aeneas, and What She Said. Theatre credits include Spring Awakening, Hamlet, Gypsy, Wake, and Alien vs. Musical.
• Listen to Allie's singing and voiceover demos. Allie can be heard a variety of original cast recordings and soundtracks.
• Visit Allie on Facebook.