Allie Costa is a Los Angeles-based actress working in film, TV, theatre, and voiceover. She can usually be found on a set, in a theatre, or in a secondhand bookstore. She always has energy to burn and a song to sing. When not performing the works of others, she's writing her own. Occasionally, she sleeps.
• In the film You Me & Her, Anna (Shannon Woodward from Raising Hope) meets 30 alternate versions of herself and realizes they're all cooler than she is. Allie plays the teen version of Anna; Tina Majorino (Veronica Mars) plays Anna's roommate. The movie was written and directed by Sarah Doyle. You can see two different versions of Allie-as-Anna in the movie trailer. The film has been released to Indiegogo backers and screened at multiple festivals. We'll keep you posted on a wider release.
• Stay tuned for the new post-apocalyptic series Remain Calm. Allie is a guest star in the second episode.
• The Intervention Will Be Televised, a funny look at the effects of binge-watching TV shows, is currently running at Whitefire Theatre in Los Angeles. Written by Allie Costa and directed by Bryan Rasmussen, this is the world premiere of the play, which previously had readings at Play Club West and Drama West. Whitefire Theatre is producing Intervention as part of Winter Shorts. It runs through February 23rd. Get tickets!
• Tofurkey Day will have its Seattle premiere at the Fantastic.Z New Works Festival, held February 17th through February 21st at Eclectic Theater. This multi-generational comedy is always in season. Written by Allie Costa, directed by Kate Arnold-Huisentruit, featuring Jessica Severance as Moira, Sara Winsor as Angie, Mary E. Brown as Sandy, Kevin Harland as Duke, and Katya Davida Landau as Lucinda. Get tickets!
• Allie is currently in rehearsal for the first LA professional production of 35MM: A Musical Exhibition, running February 26th through March 19th at The Complex in Hollywood. Produced by The Unknown Artists and directed by Lucas Alifano, Meghan Allison, Amy Bartlett, Jeff Scot Carey, Emily Clark, John Ross Clark, Kate Purnell, and Allie Costa, 35MM is a song cycle with music and lyrics by Ryan Scott Oliver based on the photographs of Matthew Murphy. The cast includes Jeff Scot Carey, Cody Clark, Emily Clark, Vincent Perez, Dana Shaw, and Katherine Washington. Get tickets!
• Allie plays Beethoven's first student (and first love) in For Elise. Currently in post-production, the film included motion capture and voiceover work.
• Drop in the Ocean has been selected for Bellarmine University International 10-Minute Play Festival and will be produced in Kentucky in March. Written by Allie Costa, this play dedicated to the conservation of marine protected areas reminds us that there's hope at the end of the world.
• Raise Your Hand, a new dramatic play by Allie Costa, was selected for INK Fest 2016 and will be produced in Hollywood this April. Details to come.
• Allie's forward-thinking play A Taste of the Future was selected for Variations: Winter and had a workshop in San Diego.
• Two of Allie's original monologues were performed in Hollywood at Samuel French's Monologue-a-Looza: Allie performed Coffee and Cocoa, and Julia Cho performed For Valentina.
• Femme Noir was produced at Old Library Theatre in New Jersey. Inspired by classic noir stories such as Double Indemnity, the play follows a female private investigator hired by a notorious playboy to solve a murder in 1944. Written by Allie Costa and directed by Toni Braun, the cast included Debra Carozza-Lynch, Geoffrey Waumans, Judy Wilson, Elizabeth Marsh, and Brittany Bur.
• How Soon is Now? was selected for The Morrissey Plays and produced by San Francisco Theater Pub at the popular Bay Area venue PianoFight. How Soon is Now? is a solo piece written by Allie Costa. It was performed by Kitty Torres and directed by Stuart Bousel.
• Allie received rave reviews for her role as Annie in the world premiere of Alien vs. Musical. This award-winning new musical written by Erik Przytulski and Steve Troop and directed by Matthew Tyler answers the question: What happens when the world of musical theatre meets the most terrifying and destructive alien in all cinema history? Read reviews.
• Allie played smart & sweet British schoolgirl Paige in A Knight at the Museum at the ASCAP/DreamWorks musical workshop in Los Angeles.
• Allie performed at Disney Imagineering as part of the New Voices Project.
• You might recognize Allie from an anti-smoking commercial for the #LeftSwipeDat campaign.
• Music of the Mind had its world premiere in Los Angeles. Music of the Mind was written and directed by Allie, who also played the role of Alice, a girl struggling with mental illness. Rounding out the cast were Vincent Perez and Hannah Doty.
• Little Swan, a Pas de Deux, written by Allie Costa, inspired by the life of prima ballerina Anna Pavlova, was published in Best of PlayGround Los Angeles and is available for licensing through PlayGround.
• Following Femme Noir's successful run in D.C., Allie was honored with the award for Best Script at the 2015 One-Act Festival.
• Allie gives voice to Hollywood's first "It" Girl in Starring Clara Bow. Listen to songs from the musical, which is currently in development.
• Allie was featured in Backstage. Read the interview!
• Allie's article Back to Basics: How to Be Yourself While Pretending to Be Someone Else was published on Actors Access.
• Click here for Allie's resume. Check out Allie's credits on IMDb. Film/TV credits include 90210, Unusual Suspects, Goldfish Love, Pizza With Aeneas, and Solace. Theatre credits include Spring Awakening, Hamlet, Gypsy, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, and Anything Goes.
• Listen to Allie's musical theatre and animation voiceover demo. Allie can be heard on the original cast soundtracks of Starring Clara Bow, Invisible, Juliet of the Sky, Mr. Potcher's Holiday, Limberlost, You Made Me Love You, and more. Visit Allie's SoundCloud.
• Visit Allie on Facebook: