Allie Costa is a Los Angeles-based actress working in film, TV, theatre, and voiceover. She can usually be found on a set, in a theatre, or in a secondhand bookstore. She always has energy to burn and a song to sing. When not performing the works of others, she's writing her own. Occasionally, she sleeps.
• On Monday, May 25th, Glitter and Smoke will be performed at Camden People's Theatre in London as part of You Are Already Dead. Get tickets!
• Femme Noir will be produced in Los Angeles by Ammunition Theatre Company at the end of May. More details to come. Set in 1944, Femme Noir is an homage to classic noir such as Double Indemnity and follows a notorious nightclub owner into the office of a female private investigator.
• Allie will be performing in Got Musical, a concert of excerpts from new musicals, at The Colony Theatre on June 4th. Get tickets!
• Allie's play Little Swan, a Pas de Deux will have a reading this July at Ophelia in London as part of East End Literary Salon. Inspired by the life of prima ballerina Anna Pavlova, Little Swan was published in Best of PlayGround Los Angeles 2014 and is available for licensing through PlayGround.
• On June 14th, three of Allie's original pieces will be performed at the Mahattan Theatre Club as part of Flashfest 2015, produced by Playsmiths.
• Femme Noir will be produced in Maryland by Silver Spring Stage this August. Stay tuned.
• Glitter and Smoke has been selected for the Lady Bits Project, taking place in New Jersey later this year.
• Allie plays Beethoven's first student (and first love) in For Elise. The film, currently in production, involves both motion capture and voiceover work.
• Allie played Sophie in New York Society for the Suppression of Vice, a powerful new musical written by Joel Bailey, Jake Anthony, and Patricia Zehentmayr and directed by Matthew Tyler. The show addressed hate crimes that happen all too often in our communities and in high schools.
• Faking Glory had its world premiere production in Louisiana as one of six plays selected for Outworks. Written by Allie Costa and directed by Carter Dean, the play featured Hannah Dougharty as Marija and Dexter Ellis as Carlos.
• Allie sang the title role of Mary Marie at Rockwell Table & Stage in Los Angeles as part of Musi-Cal. Mary Marie is a coming-of-age story set in the 1920s. The musical was written by Chana Wise and Carl Johnson, adapted from the novel by Eleanor H. Porter, author of Pollyanna.
• Allie booked and shot a fun film in which she plays a tap dancer who accidentally goes to a hip hop audition.
• Allie's plays Little Swan, Nebulous Fix, and Listening in the Library were presented at Wheaton Drama in Chicago, directed by Toria Hollyn.
• Allie's original monologue Glitter and Smoke was performed at Shetler Studios in New York as part of I Don't Belong Here. Produced by Adaptive Arts Theater Company, a non-profit group working to fuse the gap between disability and the arts, this production is part of their ongoing efforts to bring awareness to stories and voices missing from the stage.
• Glitter and Smoke was selected for National Flash-Fiction Day's FlashFlood.
• Keep your eyes peeled: Allie is in an anti-smoking commercial that's currently airing as part of the popular #LeftSwipeDat campaign.
• You Me & Her was screened at POWFest in Portland. In this funny film, Anna (Shannon Woodward of Raising Hope) runs into alternate versions of herself. Allie plays the teen version of Anna; Tina Majorino (Veronica Mars) plays Anna's roommate. The movie was written and directed by Sarah Doyle. Watch the trailer.
• In the Heist was selected for PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at the Zephyr Theatre in Hollywood. Written by Allie Costa and directed by Jim Kleinmann, this madcap comedy featured Paris McCarthy, Sydney Miller, Roland Ruiz, and Wayne Stribling Jr as would-be thieves.
• Allie played Paige in A Knight at the Museum at the ASCAP/DreamWorks musical workshop in Los Angeles.
• Allie booked an anti-smoking commercial for the #LeftSwipeDat campaign. The spot began airing at the end of February.
• Allie's comedy The Intervention Will Be Televised had a reading at Play Club West in Hollywood.
• Allie's play Two Girls was selected for the Unheard Festival, produced by Goblin Baby at The Bread & Roses Theatre in London. This haunting duologue was performed by Louise Nicolson and Grace Edwards, directed by Milla Jackson.
• A Taste of the Future, Allie's time travel play, was selected for East End Literary Salon and had a reading at The Ophelia in London.
• Allie's play Can You Keep a Secret? was staged by Mind Your Head at The Bread & Roses Theatre in London. The cast included Paige Wilson, Sophie McBean, and James Ruskin, directed by Sam Carrack. If you like The Twilight Zone and Black Mirror, you'll love Can You Keep a Secret?
• Allie played Melrose, the popular girl you want to know yet love to hate, in Invisible, a musical comedy by David Orris and David Hollingsworth. The show had a workshop and staged reading in Los Angeles. Allie also recorded songs for the soundtrack.
• In Allie's forward-thinking play A Taste of the Future, the time is now - and then... The play was selected for PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at Zephyr Theatre in Hollywood, featuring Betsy Reisz and Andrew J. Perez, directed by Peter J. Kuo.
• Allie participated in a reading of the new musical Midsummer Night's Scream.
• Tofurkey Day was a finalist for Shorties.
• Allie gives voice to Hollywood's first "It" Girl in Starring Clara Bow. Listen to songs from the musical, which is currently in development.
• Click here for Allie's resume. Check out Allie's credits on IMDb. Film/TV credits include 90210, Unusual Suspects, Goldfish Love, Pizza With Aeneas, and Solace. Theatre credits include Spring Awakening, Hamlet, Gypsy, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, and Anything Goes.
• Listen to Allie's musical theatre and animation voiceover demo. Allie can be heard on the original cast soundtracks of Starring Clara Bow, Invisible, Juliet of the Sky, Mr. Potcher's Holiday, Limberlost, You Made Me Love You, and more. Visit Allie's SoundCloud.
• Visit Allie on Facebook: