Allie Costa is a Los Angeles-based actress working in film, TV, theatre, and voiceover. She can usually be found on a set, in a theatre, or in a secondhand bookstore. She always has energy to burn and a song to sing. When not performing the works of others, she's writing her own. Occasionally, she sleeps.
• Allie appears in a new anti-smoking commercial that's currently airing. Keep your eyes peeled!
• You Me & Her will be screened at POWFest in Portland on Saturday, March 14th. In this funny film, Anna (Shannon Woodward of Raising Hope) runs into alternate versions of herself. Allie plays the teen version of Anna; Tina Majorino (Veronica Mars) plays Anna's roommate. The movie was written and directed by Sarah Doyle. Watch the trailer.
• Allie plays Beethoven's first student (and first love) in For Elise. The film, currently in production, involves both motion capture and voiceover work.
• Glitter and Smoke was selected for the Lady Bits Project, taking place in New Jersey this April.
• Faking Glory, a short play written by Allie Costa, will have its world premiere in Louisiana this April & May. More details to come.
• Allie played Paige in A Knight at the Museum at the ASCAP/DreamWorks musical workshop in Los Angeles.
• Allie's comedy The Intervention Will Be Televised had a reading at Play Club West in Hollywood.
• Two Girls was selected for the Unheard Festival, produced by Goblin Baby at The Bread & Roses Theatre in London. This haunting duologue written by Allie Costa was performed by Louise Nicolson and Grace Edwards, directed by Milla Jackson.
• A Taste of the Future, Allie's time travel play, was selected for the East End Literary Salon and had a reading at The Ophelia in London.
• Allie's Twilight Zone-style play Can You Keep a Secret? was staged by Mind Your Head at The Bread & Roses Theatre in London. The cast included Paige Wilson, Sophie McBean, and James Ruskin, directed by Sam Carrack.
• Allie played Melrose, the popular girl you want to know yet love to hate, in Invisible, a musical comedy by David Orris and David Hollingsworth. The show had a workshop and staged reading in Los Angeles. Allie also recorded songs for the soundtrack.
• Allie's forward-thinking play A Taste of the Future was selected for PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at Zephyr Theatre in Hollywood. Directed by Peter J. Kuo, the piece featured Betsy Reisz and Andrew J. Perez. Logline: The time is now - and then...
• Allie participated in a reading of the new musical Midsummer Night's Scream.
• Tofurkey Day was a finalist for Shorties.
• You Me & Her was screened at Etheria Film Night in Boston.
• Tofurkey Day, a comedy written by Allie Costa, was produced by two different theatres in December: Charles Stewart Howard Playhouse in Los Angeles as part of Hard Candy Christmas, and Greenhouse Theater Center in Chicago as part of Hobo Fest 7, where it was the runner-up for Audience Favorite. Tofurkey Day has also been staged in San Diego, the UK, and Florida, where it was named Best of the Fest, Audience Choice.
• Three of Allie's original plays, Don't Shoot the Messenger Pigeon, Safe Distance, and Two Can Play That Game, were selected for Variations XVI and were performed at Price Center Theater in San Diego by the Nomads Theatre Company.
• The original cast of #Brad4Laura - Allie Costa, Shannon Martinous, Luke Klipp, and Kila Packett - reunited for another performance in Hollywood.
• Safe Distance made the Final 10 Shortlist for West Avenue Theatre.
• Femme Noir, written by Allie Costa, had its world premiere at the Miles Memorial Playhouse in Santa Monica. In the vein of classic noir such as Double Indemnity, the play follows a female private investigator hired by a notorious playboy to solve a murder in 1944. Femme Noir featured Maria Tomas, Darren Hayes, Sheila Daley, Phoebe Kuhlman, and Laura Michl, directed by Ricka Fisher, produced by Green Light Productions as part of GLO 2014. The run was completely sold out. For more information on all of the plays selected for GLO 2014, read the press release at BroadwayWorld.
• Allie's dark comedy Don't Kill the Messenger Pigeon was selected for PlayGround-LA and had a staged reading at Zephyr Theatre in Hollywood. The short play was directed by Ivan Rivas and featured Carla Vega and Tahmus Rounds.
• You Me & Her was screened at the Rhode Island International Film Festival, which is a qualifying festival for the Short Film Academy Award.
• Allie performed in a reading of the musical Limberlost.
• Safe Distance, Allie's spooky play set on the London Underground, had a reading in the UK produced by 17 Percent at Roundabout Nights.
• Music of the Mind had a reading at Play Club West in Hollywood.
• Femme Noir, a one-act play written by Allie Costa, was selected for The Naked Expedition Project and had a staged reading at TheaterLab in New York City. The reading was directed by Tiffany Greene and featured Lila Donnolo, Alban Merdani, and Tangela Large.
• Allie gives voice to Hollywood's first "It" Girl in Starring Clara Bow. Listen to songs from the musical, which is currently in development.
• Click here for Allie's resume. Check out Allie's credits on IMDb. Film/TV credits include 90210, Unusual Suspects, Goldfish Love, Pizza With Aeneas, and Solace. Theatre credits include Spring Awakening, Hamlet, Gypsy, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, and Anything Goes.
• Listen to Allie's musical theatre and animation voiceover demo. Allie can be heard on the original cast soundtracks of Starring Clara Bow, Invisible, Juliet of the Sky, Mr. Potcher's Holiday, Limberlost, You Made Me Love You, and more. Visit Allie's SoundCloud.
• Visit Allie on Facebook: